Cooking from Scratch is now on facebook! Click here to check it out!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cutest Little Caprese Ever!

The last week was a whirlwind of cooking for me. It culminated in my providing the food for a not insignificant party last night. I'll post the details of what I served and add the recipes for those items I made that I haven't shared with you yet over the next week or so. But, I was so excited to share these little gems with you, that I just couldn't wait.

I love a good caprese salad, but it's not always user friendly for a buffet of appetizers. I came up with these cute little skewers to keep things contained. Are they not the cutest things ever??? They were a huge hit. It's the perfect bite with the perfect mixture of cheese, tomato, and basil.

Each toothpick has a grape tomato cut in half. I purchased a container or small, fresh mozzarella balls. The ones available in my grocery were in a herbed oil, but you can use plain mozzarella balls as well. I cut the cheese balls in half as well so that everything fit on my toothpicks. I then picked some basil and cut the large leaves into strips. The smaller leaves I used whole.

The only drawback to these guys is that they need to be prepared the same day as they are to be eaten. Keep refrigerated until serving.

3 comments:

  1. Tara, the party was amazing! You did so well. I enjoyed these little caprese skewers myself. I can't wait to peruse the blog, I'll be looking for the brownie recipe for sure! I shared it on FB also. Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bart. I certainly had a blast preparing the food! The brownie recipe is already on here; the recipe title is "Devilishly Good Brownies." I'm planning on doing a post today listing and linking the things I served at the party that I've already posted. You can just clink the link from there, if you are so inclined. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these today. They were a hit! Thanks so much. I used fresh basil from my herb garden. (I just love cooking with my own herbs.) Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete