Cooking from Scratch is now on facebook! Click here to check it out!

Monday, July 6, 2009

Fruit & Cream

Things are a little crazy for me this week. I am trying for a science teaching job at the local high school, but it requires me to add a certification in chemistry. Since I'm a few credits shy of being able to straight-out add the subject, I have to take a state test. Thus, the busyness part. It's been a while since I expected my brain to consider redox reactions or interpret phase diagrams. And, as you might guess, all that studying can make a girl hungry!

I try to keep things light as much as I can, but that darn sweet-tooth is the bane of my existence. Fortunately, I love fruit and when it's available like it is now, I try to take advantage of it. Some of you might recall that about a month ago I raved about strawberries and cream. Now, that stuff is good, but the other day, I really turned the volume up and I wanted to share this new variation with you... not to mention that I think this picture is way better than the previous one. I love those colors! Very patriotic.

Anyway, it's basically the same as that strawberries and cream post, but instead of just strawberries (I cut up fresh and stirred in some sugar), I added blueberries and some lemon zest. I used an actual zester instead of my microplane in this instance because I wanted larger zest pieces. I liked having that bright little spark of yellow in my dish and it made the citrus in the dish stand out just a little more. Very delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment